Single Tooth Implants
In this case, the patient had a fractured tooth (right) and a discoloured, unshapely compromised tooth (left). After the initial consultation, it was decided that the patient should receive a tooth implant-supported porcelain crown to replace the fractured tooth, and that a porcelain crown should be placed over the other tooth. During the first procedure:
- The fractured tooth was removed and the site prepared for the tooth implant.
- The fixture was inserted.
- A temporary crown was constructed while the patient was still in the chair to fit a temporary abutment.
- The temporary abutment was screwed onto the tooth implant.
- The immediate temporary tooth was fitted over the abutment.
- The temporary tooth was replaced with an all-ceramic tooth implant crown. At the same time, a crown was fitted on the adjacent natural tooth to improve its appearance.